Can you believe Mr. Tanner still has a fever? YES STILL! Tonight it was back up to almost 104. This is day 6. During the day, he plays and though he hangs out between 100 and 101.5, he is acting fairly normal. By evening and morning though his temp vascillates between 102 and 104. For those of you that suggested it, yes I am going back and forth between Tylenol and Motrin because I HATE giving Motrin especially to my kids but darn if it isn’t the best for fever reduction. I am trying to not give much med during the daytime because his fever hasn’t been getting over 101.5 during the day and it isn’t bothering him too much, by evening I have to because he starts getting miserable. I don’t think it’s strep because (a) I see no white spots in his throat (b) he isn’t complaining about throat issues (c) he is not complaining about any pain – the headache hasn’t been mentioned in a few days and (d) from what I hear, there is a virus going around that strikes fast and furious and lasts 5 to 7 days with a high temp. That seems to describe this so I am trying to wait this out. If he were miserable 24/7, I would be taking him in to the Dr. but that isn’t the case right now.
On the other hand, I would ask you to pray for little Jacob who evidently has the same virus. Jacob and Tanner both got symptoms last Wed. Jacob was almost admitted to the hospital last night but Susie was in a bind. With Ferris still in the hospital, and Landen needing her…she was really feeling stuck. We just need to pray that this virus doesn’t cause a CF flare up for Jacob. This is so insane. So truly insane. How can one mama balance 2 very very ill children and a husband in the hospital??????? Lord please help! She actually had ALL six in the ER on Saturday night because she had to take all siblings with her when she brought Jacob in the first time. I think I already wrote that but I am repeating myself because I can’t wrap my mind around the constant onslaught of trials. I saw pictures of Ferris’s leg today. All I can say is POOOOORRR FERRIS!
Noah finally got out of the hospital today and was given antibiotics. They were discussing sending him home on a PIC line. Thankfully that didn’t happen. Can you even imagine an active 4 year old on a PIC line? And that is supposed to prevent infection! Hah! That would cause infection I bet. So many babies in the NICU got infections from their pic lines (including Landen).
Jim is still not 100% which is very sad because he is on vacation this week. Ty is still okay but I wonder how long it will last.
Tomorrow afternoon we are meeting with our caseworker because we are renewing our homestudy. We are hoping to get back into the adoption process this coming fall or winter. Hoping Tanner is in a happy mood tomorrow and Ty isn’t buggin’ him because I really don’t want him to tell our case worker that he would like to be an only child LOL! (Just teasin’ – he loves brother – most days;)
Well Ty is crying in his crib and since it’s way past his bedtime I am dreading the problem. Please not another kid with a fever! If I miss BSF AGAIN tomorrow, I might as well quit. Feeling frustrated!